Did you know that the eye contour is the most delicate skin on your face? It is up to 5 times thinner than the rest of the skin on your face and has fewer collagen and elastin fibres. This combination of factors makes it more fragile, and therefore one of the first areas to show the passing of time.
Think about how many times you use your eyes during the day and how many times you stress the surrounding skin: when you screw your eyes up under bright lights, when you rub them when taking a break from the computer, when you remove your make up…. All these actions help the appearance of certain signs of aging such as dark circles, bags under your eyes, puffiness and wrinkles.
Today we explain the causes them and offer you expert solutions that can help you recuperate the youthfulness in your expressión.
First sign: Dark circles
Dark circles are the result of bad blood circulation and insufficient toxins drainage in the delicate under eye area. With the aging process they become even more visible because our skin becomes thinner and it loses fat and collagen. In addition, their appearance can be aggravated by tiredness or lack of sleep and pigmentation due to sun exposure.
Normally, the purple colour that we see around our eyes is just the colour of the blood that flows under the skin as the fine skin allows us to see what is beneath.
If you want to get rid of dark circles once and for all, you have to know the main reasons why dark circles appear and why they become more noticeable:
- Tiredness: When we are tired, dark circles are more marked
- Aging: As time passes our skin becomes thinner and we lose fat and collagen in this area, which makes dark circles even more visible
- Genetics: Sometimes dark circles are genetic and passed on from parents to children
- Pigmentation due to sun exposure: If the concentration of melanin is greater, this also makes this area darker
We know you can’t change your genetics or stop time, but you can try to sleep more (and better) and limit your sun exposure in order to get rid of dark circles.
Bags under the eyes and puffiness
With aging, the muscle and supporting tissue surrounding the eyes lose their firmness and become weaker. The skin starts sagging and the fat surrounding the eye area can move below the eyes, causing a puffy and swollen appearance. This is further aggravated by bad circulation, fluid retention, unhealthy diet and smoking.
Diet plays a key role in bags under the eyes, which is why it is important to drink sufficient amounts of water and to eliminate foods that cause fluid retention (like salt or alcohol, for example).
Wrinkles around the eyes
Over time, our skin produces fewer collagen and elastin fibres, which is why the tissues become weaker and lose their firmness. Also, as the skin around the eyes is very delicate and is continuously involved in facial movement, fine lines and wrinkles can appear from a young age.
Spending too much time in the sun, using insufficient SPF protection and the natural aging process are the most determining factors behind the creation of fine lines and wrinkles.
Have you heard of K-Ox Eyes from Isdinceutics?
K-Ox Eyes is a complete under-eye treatment from the ISDIN Isdinceutics range that helps combat crow’s feet, puffiness, bags and dark circles.
Thanks to its unique combination of ingredients, K-Ox Eyes has an tightening effect that acts to visibly restore the youthful appearance of the area around your eyes in just 28 days:
- Vitamin K Oxide This vitamin acts to even the tone and diminish the color of the dark circles
- Hyaluronic Acid Helps to improve the appearance of expression lines that form in the fine skin around the eyes.
- Haloxyl: A powerhouse of 3 ingredients that help eliminate dark circles, reinforce firmness and even skin tone
- Eyeliss: A powerful combination of three ingredients that target puffiness, diminishing inflammation and improving firmness and elasticity
Do you have dark circles, bags under your eyes or wrinkles? How do you combat the visible signs of aging around the eyes? Please tell us in the comments section!